Sunday, August 29, 2021

Grand Ole Creamery - Chocolate Cinnamon

Chocolate Cinnamon - Chocolate Cinnamon Ice Cream
 

I was at Grand Ole Creamery (on Grand Avenue) the other day and saw they had a "special batch flavor" in their freezer case, so I picked up a pint.  This is called Chocolate Cinnamon.  I see this combination quite a bit.  Often it is called "Mexican Chocolate".  I have had implementations from Steve's, Sebastian Joe's, McConnell's (a sorbet),  Izzy's (with orange), and several other more complex mixtures which can be found if you include both chocolate and cinnamon in the search box for this blog.  Today's flavor looks like a simple implementation.  Let's check it out!

Removing the lid, I see the expected brown color of the chocolate base.  It's not too dark, not too light.  Digging in, I can taste a bit of mild cinnamon right away.  This is a sweeter type of cinnamon.  A lot the brands mentioned above go for a hotter type of cinnamon to 'spice up' the chocolate.  The flavor is still quite delicious though.  This is a homogeneous ice cream with no mix-ins.  As with other Grand Ole Creamery bases, as it melts it gets soft and almost buttery.  I was able to eat the whole pint in one sitting before it got too soft.

This is a decent chocolate and cinnamon pint from Grand Ole Creamery.  It uses a sweeter cinnamon flavor rather than a hot and spicy flavor which is not my own personal preference -- I like things spicy.  Still, if at Grand Ole Creamery and are in the mood for chocolate and you see this available, then try this as a alternative to mix things up a bit.  The sweeter pastry-style cinnamon is still quite appealing.


 





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment