Thursday, August 5, 2021

Milkjam Creamery - Lemonade Stand

Lemonade Stand - Watermelon Lemonade Italian Ice
 

The next flavor in the Minneapolis-based Milkjam Creamery's August Summer Cookout Collection (instagram link here) is called Lemonade Stand (instagram link here).  The name implies that it would be a lemonade sorbet, but it is actually a watermelon and lemonade sorbet.  I have had a couple of  watermelon sorbets: a simple watermelon sorbet from Graeter's and a watermelon lime sorbet from Sweet Science.  It will be fun to see how this flavor from Milkjam compares.

Removing the lid, the color is a dark pink similar to that of watermelon.  Digging in, this is a really dense and slushy sorbet.  Maybe that's what they mean when they call it "italian ice"?  This is OK with me, because I am more interested in flavor but something to be aware of.  The flavor itself is mostly watermelon.  I do taste a bit of lemonade, but just as an accent.  The watermelon flavor is quite good and pretty authentic.  I feel like I can actually taste the rind.  I mean not the full rind, but the little bits of it that you end up eating when you have a piece that includes the rind and you want to eat as much of the pink stuff as you can.  I actually like this.  It does not have too strong of an effect on the flavor but it really makes it feel fresh and homemade.  Even with the chunky texture I am able to eat the entire pint in one sitting.  That means it is not overly sweet.

I enjoyed with watermelon and lemon sorbet quite a bit.  I really liked the watermelon flavor.  As I mentioned above, it tasted just like a watermelon that you would eat at a picnic (or I suppose a summer cookout!).  The 'italian ice' texture does require a bit of work digging out chunks from the carton, but it is worth it in my opinion.


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment