Sunday, October 24, 2021

Dolcezza - Vanilla Bean

Vanilla Bean - Vanilla Bean Gelato
 

Today is another Dolcezza pint which I bought at Whole Foods on Selby in Saint Paul.  Today is a simple Vanilla Bean flavor.  Vanilla pint implementation do not make for very exciting reviews, but they are part of my full survey of a brand's offerings and I have learned quite about about vanilla from writing these up.  This flavor is a "vanilla bean", so I expect to see some small specks from the vanilla flower's bean pods in the mix.  Let's check it out!

Removing the lid, the flavor is quite light in color.  Some vanilla's can appear yellowish from added eggs and other ingredients, but this is a fairly white vanilla.  The bean specks are fairly small, but if I look really close I can see them.  Digging in, the vanilla flavor is quite good.  The Dolcezza website says they  beans come from Singing Dog Vanilla in Eugene, Oregon and that the Vanilla is grown in Indonesia & New Guinea.  It's a fairly standard vanilla very similar to what most brands use (not a sweet Tahitian-style vanilla).   The texture is soft.  As I eat my way down, the gelato melts a bit giving a pleasant milkiness to mix.  It's good.

This is a solid vanilla implementation from Dolcezzo.  Good flavor, good texture.  Not much else to say.  If you like Dolcezza and are in the mood for a simple vanilla, this will hit the spot.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment