Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Sebastian Joe's - Immaculate Confection

Immaculate Confection - Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Honey, Ginger, and Streusel Topping
 

I return to Sebastian Joe's for a flavor called Immaculate Confection.  I was at the Lowry Hill scoop shop and this flavor sounded really good so I had a pint of it hand-packed.  It is an interesting flavor.  I was having a little trouble remembering all the ingredients, but I got bailed out by a random facebook post from a couple of years ago which gives the flavor details.  I know it's a lot of work, but it would be nice if their website included flavor descriptions.  It is a combination of vanilla bean ice cream, honey, ginger and streusel topping.  Sounds quite interesting!

Removing the lid, the base ice cream has an off-white color with several of the streusel bits visible right away.  Digging in, I taste the honey and streusel right away.  Occasionally I run into a piece of ginger candy pieces which are quite delicious.  The vanilla base is decent but primarily serves as the vehicle for all of the mix-ins.

This flavor was a pleasant surprise.  Sebastian Joe's does candied mix-ins quite well (see Spumoni, and KARE-11 Sunrise).  The ginger pieces were delicious and went well with the strudel.  Check it out if you see it in their scooping bin the next time you are there.

 





 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment