Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Milk Bar - Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow

Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow - Cookie Dough flavored Ice Cream with Cornflake Crunch, Chocolate Flavored Chunks, and Melted Marshmallow
 

Today I return to the New-York-based Milk Bar brand for their Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow flavor.  I bought this at the Whole Foods on Selby in Saint Paul, but I have recently seen this brand stocked at the Target in the Midway.  I am glad to see this brand spreading to more stores.  Like my previous pint from Milk Bar, today's flavor is another one that incorporated breakfast cereal in the mix.  Let's check it out.

Removing the like and peeling back the seal with the nice message from Milk Bar founder Christina Tosi, I see several of the key ingredients right away.  The cookie dough base has an off-white color, there are quite a few chocolate chunks visible and I see hints of marshmallow and maybe hints of cornflakes.  Digging in, the cookie dough flavored base is decent.  There's no actual cookie dough, but it is cookie-dough flavored which I suppose means brown sugar, butter and eggs.  It works as a good vehicle for the mix-ins.  The chocolate chunks are a lot like chocolate chips but harder and rectangular change.  They provide a lot of chocolate flavor when you bite into them.  The marshmallow swirls are fun and not overdone.  There was not as much cornflake crunch as I was expecting but a little bit of cornflake goes a long way.  This is quite good.

This is a fun ice cream from Milk Bar.  It is not as heavily cereal based on their Cereal Milk flavor.  I would call it a hybrid flavor where a relatively small amount of cornflakes is used to spice up a chocolate-chip and marshmallow pint.  Enjoy.


 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment