Friday, October 29, 2021

Sebastian Joe's - Black Forest

Black Forest - Cherry Ice Cream with Almonds 
 

I return to Sebastian Joe's for their Black Forest flavor.  I picked up this pint at their scoop shop in Lowry Hill.  It is a cherry-based flavor.  I should have asked the exact ingredients.  Cherry and almonds for sure, but checking my archives, the ingredients are similar to their Dakota Cherry flavor (black cherry, white chocolate and almonds).  Since today's flavor is "Black" Forest, it may very well be black cherry as well which would mean that the only difference is that this flavor lacks white chocolate.  Let's check it out and see.

Removing the lid, the cherry back has the expected pink color and appears to be rather thick.  I see some speckling which may be from small cherry pieces or from the almond pieces.  Digging in, the cherry flavor is quite appealing.  The almond pieces are small but provide a bit of crunch to keep this from being a completely homogenous pint.

This is a solid cherry nut flavor from Sebastian Joe's.  I did not sample the flavors back to back, but it is quite a bit similar to their own Dakota Cherry flavor.  That kind of detail bugs me.  Next time I see Black Forest in their scooping bin, I may ask to clarify the exact ingredients so that I can update this review.  It is delicious, though!  If you are at Sebastian Joe's and in the mood for cherry, don't hesitate.







No comments:

Post a Comment