Sunday, October 17, 2021

Sebastian Joe's - Bailey's Irish Cream

Bailey's Irish Cream - Ice Cream made with Bailey's Irish Cream
 

My next pint is from Sebastian Joe's of Minneapolis.  It is called Bailey's Irish Cream and I picked it up at the scoop shop in the Lowry Hill neighborhood.  It is based on the famous Irish cream liqueur of the same name.  I have had one other Bailey's themed pint from Sebastian Joe's called Bailey's Raspberry Truffle and I liked it very much.  I have also had -irish-creambased flavors from Häagen-Dazs and Izzy's (Irish Moxie is still available in pints!).  I am looking forward to checking this out.

Removing the lid, the base ice cream has a light cream color which is about what I expected.  Many of the 'bourbon' bases are the same color.  Digging in, the irish cream flavor is quite noticeable right away.  It is not at all 'boozy', but it is very fragrant and 'aromatic' -- the flavors seem to fill up my mouth and nose as I eat them.  I love it when liquor-based flavors have this effect.  This is a homogeneous pint with no mix-ins.

This is an excellent Bailey's-themed flavor from Sebastian Joe's.  Great flavor without feeling too boozy.  I really enjoyed it by itself, but other's might feel since there are no mix-ins that it could serve well accompanying something -- a small scoop in your coffee perhaps, or a scoop alongside a slice of chocolate cake.  Either way, it's good.  Check it out, if you see it in their scooping bin.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment