Sunday, October 3, 2021

Pumphouse Creamery - Chocolate Banana Brownie

Chocolate Banana Brownie - Chocolate Banana Ice Cream with Fudge Brownies
 

Today I return to the Minneapolis-based Pumphouse Creamery for their Chocolate Banana Brownie flavor.  This was a pint that I found in their freezer case when I was there, but did not notice in their online menu.  It appears to be gone from their online menu already, so I think it was a limited batch.  This is an intriguing flavor combination.  It's like the popular Chocolate Fudge Brownie flavor that almost every brand implements, but with banana, too.  And the banana is not a separate base or swirl, it is blended into the chocolate.  It should be interesting.  Let's check it out.

Removing the lid, the ice cream looks like a typical chocolate base.  Digging in, it tastes like chocolate, too.  But after I swallow each spoonful, I get strong notes of banana flavor (they call this the 'finish' flavor).  I like it!  As I eat my way down the pint, I encounter many small brownie pieces mixed in.  These are chewy and add more chocolate as expected.  Overall, it is quite delicious.

This is well-done implementation of a chocolate fudge brownie flavor with the added twist of a banana.  Banana lovers may want more banana, but once your expectations are set for "primarily chocolate with a noticeable banana accent" then this is quite enjoyable.  I mean, there are orange-chocolate bases (here and here), blood-orange-chocolate bases (from Pumphouse here) and raspberry-chocolate bases (here) why not banana-chocolate?  It's good.  Check it out if it reappears.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment