Sunday, February 27, 2022

Pumphouse Creamery - Madagascar Vanilla, Peanuts and Chocolate Ripple

Madagascar Vanilla, Peanuts and Chocolate Ripple - Madagascar Vanilla Ice Cream with Peanuts and Chocolate Ripple

Pumphouse Creamery in south Minneapolis has an interesting new flavor called Madagascar Vanilla, Peanuts and Chocolate Ripple.  I guess the flavor name is also the flavor description.  A friend of mine alerted me to the existence of this flavor.  They said it reminded them of the Peanut Buster Parfait at Dairy Queen.  I remember when I was a kid, they used to run commercials for this dessert during televised Twins games.  Here, of course, vanilla ice cream is used instead of Dairy Queen's distinctive soft serve, but the thick sundae style chocolate ripple and peanut mix-ins appear to be the same.  Let's check it out.

Removing the lid, I see the chocolate ripple right away.  It is a very thick sauce that looks like it hardens a little bit after it is poured.  It does remind me of the sauce used in some old-fashioned ice cream shops for sundaes.  It is more of a fudge sauce than a chocolate syrup.  I also see peanuts right away as well.  Digging in, the chocolate and peanuts are fun and delicious and the vanilla base does a good job of holding it all together.

This is a fun sundae-style flavor from Pumphouse Creamery.  I guess it does remind me of the old Peanut Butter Parfaits -- with thick ice cream and not soft serve, of course!  This a fun flavor.  In the delay between my purchase and my write-up, I don't see it on their menu anymore, but if it returns, it is worth a try.






No comments:

Post a Comment