Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Pumphouse Creamery - Ginger with Candied Lemon Peel

Ginger with Candied Lemon Peel - Ginger Ice Cream with Candied Lemon Peel Pieces

 

Today I return to the Pumphouse Creamery of south Minneapolis for their Ginger with Candied Lemon Peel flavor.  This flavor reminds me of a flavor that they had a couple of years ago called Cardamom and Candied Orange Peel.  It is a different spice in the base and a different candied citrus peel as a mix-in but the same idea.  I really liked that flavor, so I am looking forward to seeing this twist on it.

Removing the lid, the base ice cream is bright white in color.  When I dig into it, I notice quite a bit of ginger flavor.  Ginger can be overpowering in large doses, but this just right.  The lemon peel mix-ins are sweet and chewy and have a delicious lemon flavor.  This is yummy!

As with their previous spice & citrus peel flavor, I really enjoyed this pint!  I actually think I enjoyed this flavor even more as I prefer lemon slightly over orange and ginger is more flavorful to me (cardamom often feels like an accenting flavor).  Creative and unique, give these flavors a try if you see them in Pumphouse's scooping bin.









No comments:

Post a Comment