Thursday, April 9, 2020

Häagen-Dazs - Vanilla Chocolate Chip

Vanilla Chocolate Chip - Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips
Häagen-Dazs pints were on sale at Lunds in Saint Paul recently.  I know I have reviewed most of the extant flavors of Häagen-Dazs but not quite all of them.  I did some research to figure out which flavors were left and found three of them!  The first of those flavors is Vanilla Chocolate Chip.  It is a simple flavor.  I can see why I had not gotten around to it yet.  I like to focus on the new or the limited batch and then I'll gravitate towards the unique.  A while back I did compare their vanilla and vanilla bean flavors -- which was interesting!  This is just their vanilla with chocolate chips.

The top of the pint has a bright white color with several of the large chocolate chips visible right away.  These chips appear to be the same rectangular chunks used in their Mint Chip implementation.  The ice cream itself has a bright vanilla flavor which I have enjoyed in other Häagen-Dazs pints.  The chips are thick and require some biting but deliver quite a bit of chocolate once you do.

This is a solid implementation of a vanilla chocolate chip flavor.  It's got a bright vanilla and chunky chocolate -- as opposed to the melt-in-your-mouth chocolate of some brands (like Izzy's).  This is a perfectly good flavor, but I don't know if I would ever get it knowing that this is so close in the ingredient list to a classic flavor like Vanilla Swiss Almond.  But if you can't have almonds for some reason, then this flavor will do.





No comments:

Post a Comment