Thursday, July 2, 2020

Sebastian Joe's - Oreo

Oreo - Vanilla Ice Cream with Oreo Cookie Pieces

In the last review, I mentioned that I had made my first trek to Minneapolis scoop shops since the pandemic started.  That review was for a Milkjam Creamery flavor, this review is for Sebastian Joe's!  This is Oreo, one of their signature flavors.  It looks like a cookies and cream implementation.  It has Oreo cookies mixed into a vanilla base.  Let's check it out.

The first thing I notice is that the pint is overflowing!  They filled it so high that even with the thick rim of the lid, it almost does not cover the rim of the container.  This was quite a generous packing by the scooper.  I had to set it carefully in the freezer to make sure the lid did not pop off, but I am not complaining.  Once the lid is removed, I see the dark charcoal grey of the base.  It looks like the Oreos have been added early in the process allowing the milk and cream to soak up a lot of the color and flavor.  I can taste the distinctive Oreo chocolate flavor in the base ice cream and there are sizeable Oreo chunks throughout the pint.  Yum.

I enjoyed this pint very much.  It is a cookies and cream implementation which emphasizes the flavor of "Oreo milk" in the base rather than relying on only the cookie crumbs and cookie pieces.  It reminds of Coolhaus and Milkjam Creamery's implementations.  Simple flavor that it is, it is definitely worthy of being one of Sebastian Joe's signature flavors.  Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment