Friday, November 20, 2020

Milkjam Creamery - Cute Guys and Apple Pies

Cute Guys and Apple Pies - Apple Pie Sour Cream Buttermilk Ice Cream with Spiced Oat Crumble
 

The fourth and final of the November flavors from Milkjam Creamery is called Cute Guys and Apple Pies (instagram link here).  Apple is a fun flavor.  Milkjam just had an apple sorbet flavor called Poison Apple last month as a Halloween flavor.  I also had an apple pie flavor a couple of weeks ago from Bebe Zito called G.O.A.T. Apple Pie.  In previous years, I have had apple pie flavors from Talenti, Sweet Science and Sebastian Joe's.  I am actually not sure what the flavor name Cute Guys and Apple Pies refers to.  Often it's a pop culture reference but I couldn't find it by googling.  If you know, drop a note in the comment section.  Anyhow, on to the ice cream!

The base ice cream is an almost white color and some of the oatmeal crumble can be seen right away.  Digging in, I taste the apple right away -- which is delicious -- but then I taste a lot of sourness.  I know that sour cream is not necessarily sour, but it can be and I might also be tasting the effects of the buttermilk as well.  It's quite delicious though.  I immediately want to eat more.  The oat crumble plays the usual role in these types of flavors -- a little bit of crunch.  I do taste a little bit of cinnamon in the crumble, but it could be that there is cinnamon in the apple butter swirl as well.  I am really enjoying the sourness of this pint, though.  It is quite unexpected, but works very well.  There's a creaminess to it which makes it very palatable and it is still very much an apple flavor.

This is an excellent apple pie flavor from Milkjam Creamery.  The sourness means that it might not be for kids, but for adults this is delicious in a unique way.  Since I have eaten so many different kinds of ice creams, I really appreciate unique types of deliciousness.  That concludes my survey of Milkjam's November flavors (previous flavors: Roasted Pumpkin Dulce, Yeah Yeah Yams and Lyndale Fog).  Today's flavor is my favorite of the four, but they are all pretty good.  I am looking forward to next month, already.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment