Thursday, December 24, 2020

Grand Ole Creamery - Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland - Peppermint Ice Cream with Red and Green Peppermint Candies

 

Today is another holiday flavor from the Grand Ole Creamery of Saint Paul.  The flavor is called Winter Wonderland and I got it hand-packed at their scoop shop on Grand Avenue.  This is a peppermint and peppermint candy flavor similar to the Candy Cane flavor that I recently got at Sebastian Joe's, but this flavor uses both red and green candies so it is going to have a different aesthetic.  Because of this, they name it after a classic holiday song instead of candy cane.  Let's check it out.

Opening the pint, I see the off-white color of the peppermint base with lots red and especially green coloring on the top.  Digging in, I taste a lot of peppermint.  This is a stronger peppermint flavor than my recent pint at Sebastian Joe's.  Also, the coloring of the candies gets more distinct as I dig in.  The murky color blending is just a surface effect -- which I have seen before.  The red and green candies each taste the same.  They are relatively soft, but not quite totally melted like some peppermint candy mix-ins.

Winter Wonderland is a simple, fun and delicious holiday peppermint pint from Grand Ole Creamery.  Compared to the Candy Cane flavor from Sebastian Joe's that I had earlier this week, this one is a bit mintier.  Because of this, I like Winter Wonderland a bit better.  It's a good choice if you are at Grand Ole Creamery and in the mood for holiday peppermint.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment