Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Talenti - Peanut Butter Fudge

 

Peanut Butter Fudge - Peanut Butter Sorbetto with Fudge Swirls

 

Today I return to Talenti Gelato for one of their dairy-free sorbettos.  This one is called Peanut Butter Fudge.  This flavor is a bit hard to find as I don't usually see it at Lund's or Target.  I found it at the Fresh Thyme market in Vadnais Heights.  I know that's an odd location, but I was out there for another errand.  I have not checked the other Fresh Thyme locations in the metro area.  This flavor is a sorbet, so it is dairy free by design -- no imitation dairy, just the ingredients mixed with ice and then churned.  That said, because this is made with peanut butter it has its own 'creaminess' that a sorbet made with fruit would not have.  It is hard to believe, but this is my first peanut butter sorbet, so I am looking forward to checking this out.

Unscrewing the lid, I see beautiful fudge swirls against the orangish-brown color of the peanut butter base.  Digging in, the peanut butter flavor is quite strong.  This is thick and heavy peanut butter.  It is quite delicious, but I just want people to be prepared for it as I have noted on several recent flavors that the peanut butter ice cream is made lighter than expected.  That is not the case here.  Because there is so much peanut butter, the texture is quite creamy.  This is one of the creamier sorbets that I have ever had.  The fudge swirls are most prominent on the top and sides of the pint.  This is common with Talenti flavors -- Vanilla Caramel Swirl and Southern Butter Pecan being two examples.  I can still taste a bit of chocolate in the mix, but it is not nearly as much as I would guess looking at the top and sides.  For thick swirls with Talenti, you have to get the layers pints like Peanut Butter Vanilla Fudge, but those are made with gelatos and not sorbets.

This is a rich and delicious peanut butter sorbet from Talenti.  I quibble a bit above about there not being as much fudge as expected, but if you expect a peanut butter-centric pint then you won't be disappointed.  This is thick and strong peanut butter and is quite tasty.  Peanut butter lovers should definitely check this out -- especially those interested in non-dairy options.


 

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment