Sunday, December 20, 2020

Milkjam Creamery - Midnight Kiss

Midnight Kiss - Blood Orange & Sparkling Wine Sorbet
 

Today is the last of the four December flavors from Milkjam Creamery in south Minneapolis.  It is called Midnight Kiss (instagram link here) and I got it by curbside pickup at their scoop shop.  So, with the previous flavor F 2020, we turned our backs on the old year (I don't want to give the year a 'farewell') and this flavor I guess is a reference to how people say hello to the new year.  This flavor is a sorbet -- churned flavoring and ice -- and is flavored with a mixture of blood orange and sparkling wine.  I have had a few blood orange flavors before.  The two that are most similar to this flavor are Sweet Science's Blood Orange Cream uses a blood orange sorbet as a swirl in a vanilla ice cream to create a blood orange dreamsicle-like flavor and McConnell's Blood Orange which is a homogenous flavor but it's a dairy ice cream and not a sorbet.  Let's see how today's flavor tastes!

Opening the pint, the sorbet as a pinkish orange color.  Digging in, the sorbet has a very thick and slushy texture.  You can definitely tell this is a sorbet and not an ice cream.  The first spoonful tastes quite good.  I can taste the blood orange flavor.  I can also tell that there is a bit of wine mixed in.  I think the white makes the blood orange a bit less tart.  It is a good blend is is quite delicious.  As far as 'sparkling' goes.  I did not notice any bubbles.  In a recent Jeni's flavor, they managed to create the sensation of bubbles in the sorbet.  I did not see that here.

I enjoyed this fruit and wine sorbet from Milkjam Creamery.  Blood orange is such a great flavor which is well balanced here with the wine.  It is very pleasant and agreeable and not at all boozy.  If you feel like ringing in the new year with a refreshing winter citrus sorbet, check this out.  Happy New Year everyone!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment