Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Milkjam Creamery - Bailout

Bailout - Sweet Cream with Chocolate Covered Everything
 

Today's flavor is from the Minneapolis-based Milkjam Creamery and is called Bailout.  This is a flavor that's been sitting in my freezer for a couple of months.  Milkjam has been releasing four limited batch flavors every month and I keep prioritizing those.  Well, I have brief break now between the November and December so I had better eat and review it.  This flavor is called "Bailout" and it is a sweet cream ice cream with chocolate-covered "everything".  It looks like it is a re-imagining of an older flavor called "Bail Money" (instagram link here) which contained the same chocolate-covered "everything" mix-ins but a rum butterscotch base.  They've kept the 'bail' theme with the flavor name, but thinking about it "bailout" and "bail money" have completely unreleated meanings.  Maybe I'm not supposed to think about it.  I am curious as to what the "everything" will be.  Let's check it out.

Removing the lid, the ice cream as a yellowish white color.  A little yellower than I expect from a sweet cream, but some formulations include eggs.  I can see some of the mix-ins on the top already.  Digging in, the ice cream is smooth, easy to scoop and creamy, but soon I run into lots of these chocolate cover-ed mix-ins.  The mix-ins themselves are very irregular in size and shape.  They are chocolatey on the outside and crunchy on the inside.  They are good, but I think this is a case where a detailed ingredient list would help because I was not always sure what I was eating.  Some were like chocolate-covered cookie pieces, some where like chocolate covered wafers (Kit Kat pieces?), there may have been some chocolate-covered chewy toffee pieces in there.  Some were just chocolate.

This is an interesting pint from Milkjam.  I will admit that I was sometimes a bit frustrated by the chocolate-covered "everything" mix-ins.  That's probably a personal bias though combined with the fact that I knew I'd have to write up my experience -- how do I spell out exactly what I was eating when I did not know.  That said, I could see some having fun having lots of chocolatey chunks and not knowing exactly what type of crunch was inside.  It is almost like a Halloween candy pint (like Milkjam's own Fun Sized flavor) which you can have year round.


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment