Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Milkjam Creamery - F 2020

F 2020 - Rich Dark Chocolate with Boozy Cherries
 

The third December flavor from the Minneapolis-based Milkjam Creamery is called "F 2020" (instagram link is here).  The flavor name is a reference to what we should say to the past year as we ring in 2021.  The flavor features a dark chocolate base with "boozy cherries".  Cherry and chocolate are a common flavor combination, but it's rare that a chocolate base is used.  The only examples in my archives are Talenti's Dark Chocolate Cherry layers flavor and a special limited batch twist on a Ben & Jerry's classic called Chocolate Cherry Garcia.  Also, today's flavor features "boozy" cherries.  Sounds fun.  Let's check it out.

Cracking open the pint, the dark chocolate base is indeed quite dark.  I do not see any mix-ins yet.  Digging in, it is a rich thick base with a rich and delicious dark chocolate flavor.  Milkjam is actually famous for their non-dairy chocolate flavor called Black -- which is a unique and amazing flavor.  I am not saying that today's base could replace Black, but it does show that Milkjam can do a pretty good dairy version of a dark chocolate base as well.  It is quite delicious.  As I continue eating my way I encounter the occasional cherry.  They are not bad, but they are not at all boozy and the flavor does tends to get lost in the chocolate.

This dark chocolate base for this flavor is quite delicious, but the cherries were not as common or as boozy as I expected, so I can't really give this a great review.  Maybe I got a weak batch?  Or maybe it is another case of 2020 getting the better of me (F 2020!).







No comments:

Post a Comment