Saturday, December 26, 2020

Pumphouse Creamery - Speckled Milk Chocolate

Speckled Milk Chocolate - Speckled Milk Chocolate featuring Terroir Chocolate

Today I return to the Pumphouse Creamery of south Minneapolis for a new flavor that they introduced this fall.  This flavor is called Speckled Milk Chocolate featuring Terroir Chocolate.  Terroir Chocolate or TC Chocolate is a local chocolate company located in Fergus Falls, Minnesota.  This flavor intrigues me.  What they mean by 'speckled'?  Is it like chocolate chocolate chip?  Let's check it out.

Removing the lid, the chocolate base has a relatively light color.  I see some of the 'speckles' right away.  These are quite small pieces of chocolate.  Digging in, the chocolate flavor is very delicious.  It is a little lighter than most chocolate bases, but it has a nice unique flavor.  I wish I had better words to describe it.  Usually I can describe a chocolate as being a 'frozen hot cocoa' chocolate or a 'candy bar' chocolate.  This is not either of those, but it is still delicious.  The speckles are quite interesting.  These are smaller and softer than the usual 'chip' so they blend better with the base while still providing a slight change in texture.  The closest I have seen in other pints is Häagen-Dazs's Belgian Chocolate flavor (now called Double Belgian Chocolate Chip) -- which I also liked.

I enjoyed this Speckled Milk Chocolate flavor from Pumphouse very much.  In some respects, it is just chocolate, but it very interesting, unique and well done.  It is not one of those pints for chocoholics looking for something super strong, but if you're a fan of something lighter and more nuanced then check this one out.





No comments:

Post a Comment