Saturday, December 12, 2020

Milkjam Creamery - The Great American Bake-Off

The Great American Bake-Off - Gingerbread Ice Cream with a Pumpkin Pie Custard Swirl
 

Today is the second of the four December flavors from the Minneapolis-based Milkjam Creamery.  This one is called The Great American Bake-Off.  An instagram link to the December flavors is here.  This flavor has a gingerbread-flavored base with a swirl of pumpkin pie custard.  The flavor title is a reference the popular show The Great British Bake Off.  I like gingerbread and I like pumpkin, so I am looking forward to this.

Cracking open the lid, the gingerbread-base has brown sugar color to it.  I can see a hint of a pumpkin swirl on top already.  Digging in, the flavor of the gingerbread is quite tasty.  It tastes like gingerbread -- which is mainly brown sugar and molasses, but with healthy dose of spices as well.  I soon encounter that first bit of pumpkin pie custard swirl.  It is quite good.  It tastes like the batter of my family pumpkin bread.  As I continue to eat my way down, I do not encounter as much of the pumpkin pie custard as I expect.  Perhaps the swirls got blended into the base during the churning process?

This is a flavorful and delicious gingerbread-based flavor from Milkjam Creamery.  It was primary gingerbread, though, not that much of the pumpkin pie swirl.  Perhaps this varies from batch to batch and I got a low-pumpkin batch?  That said, if you are a fan of gingerbread (or spiced brown sugar & molasses), then you will still like this pint.







No comments:

Post a Comment